We are looking for an experienced retail manager that leads with empathy and a team oriented approach.
Balefire Goods is an artisan jewelry gallery just outside on Denver, CO in Olde Town Arvada. We create custom jewelry, such as engagement and wedding rings in house. We also carry the work of other metalsmiths and artisans in a diversity of materials and host events like monthly art shows and other special events. We have a staff of four jewelers and metalsmiths that work front of house, hand-craft jewelry in house, and provide jewelry repair.
- Develop strategies and processes to raise our customers’ pool, expand store traffic and optimize profitability
- Project management for custom orders and repair work
- Meet sales goals by training, motivating, mentoring and providing feedback to staff
- Ensure high levels of customers satisfaction through excellent service
- Complete store administration and ensure compliance with policies and procedures
- Maintain outstanding store condition and visual merchandising standards
- Report on buying trends, customer needs, profits etc
- Propose innovative ideas to increase market share
- Work with staff to assess training needs
- Deal with all issues that arise from staff or customers (complaints, grievances etc)
- Social media strategies and engagement
- Client outreach strategies and clienteling
- Staff oversight including scheduling, priority planning, etc.
- Additional duties as needed
Skills and Background
- 3 years of retail management, account management, or project management experience
- Great project management and organizational skills
- Leadership style based in collaborative and team-oriented success
- Customer management skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Social media and online marketing experience skills and comfort with technology
- Knowledge of jewelry would be ideal, but as long as you have an interest in artisan jewelry and seem like the right fit, we can train for other knowledge.
- Starting Salary Range of 50 - 60K
- Paid Time off (Vacation, Sick, etc.)
- Some remote work possible
- Flexible schedule but some nights and weekends required
To apply, contact us via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) and include a resume and info about why you think this would be a fit for you and us.
As a student of art history and a lover of art jewelry and metalsmithing, I often find myself reminded of artists or pieces from my art studies when looking at art jewelry. I thought it would be fun to start a new series of posts where I share a little about a jewelry artist or piece and give an intro to the artist or work from art history with which I sense a compliment or connection.
For the second post in this series, we will be looking at the historical artist Louis Comfort Tiffany and the contemporary Art Jeweler, Carly Wright.
Like many of you, we were saddened this week by the supreme court decision involving a wedding cake from a Denver area bakery. Since that ruling, we have seen a lot of comments and attention being given to the bakery involved in that case, but we feel like we should all be focusing on the vendors in our area that support inclusion and the LGBTQ community rather than giving more attention to those that support hate.
When: Sunday, April 29th from 2 to 4pm
Where: Balefire Goods, 7417 Grandview, Arvada, CO 80002
What: In this class, you will create a simple charm necklace with up to three charms (you can create more for an additional fee). We will cover metal stamping and hammered textures to create charms with your designs. You will be able to create jewelry in either sterling silver, gold filled, or rose gold filled charms and chains. This class is open to students ages 16+ and limited to a maximum of 16 people.
How Much: Class is $60 per person and includes materials to craft one necklace with 3 charms per person.